Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Weaving Research Project Scholarship

I have been a member of the Del Oro Spinners and Weavers Guild of Sutter Creek for about 15 years.  I am known in the guild as a dabbler of many interests, rather than concentrating on one particular textile focus.  I have always been intrigued by the old ways, fascinated that our ancestors could create such beautiful textiles, woodwork, and structures with only human- and animal-powered tools.

The Golden Gate Weavers Guild recently announced a $500 scholarship for a weaving student.  I applied and, imagine my surprise when notified last week that I was awarded the scholarship!

My project will be research and a publication on Early American textiles and textile tools.  I will give a presentation to the GG Guild in early 2013.  All weekend, I have been laying my plans and will update my progress here on this blog, so watch for updates.



No comments:

Post a Comment