Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Charity knitting

Want to start off the New Year helping a cold child?

A friend in my weaving guild collects sweaters for the Afghans for Afghans program each winter.  I just finished my contribution last night using Guidepost magazine's Knit for Kids pattern. Super simple, front and back knit the same, the sleeves are knit onto the body of the sweater.  The A for A program asks for 100% wool, bright colors.  Guidepost/World Vision will take acrylic or wool.  For the size 2 pattern, I used 2 1/2 skeins of Patton's Classic Wool and a size 6 needle to make a denser sweater. I added a couple rows of crochet around the neck and sleeve edges.   Crochet patterns are posted, too, for you non-knitters.

Here are some links to get you started:
http://www.worldvision.org/content.nsf/getinvolved/knit-for-kids    (the pattern  I used is here)
 and
http://www.afghansforafghans.org/      (patterns here, too)

And here is the sweater:



No comments:

Post a Comment